~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

~♥Who I Am♥~

My photo
Southwestern PA, United States

Saturday, January 3, 2015

~♥Sweet Potato Casserole♥~

The first time I ever tried this dish was at my Inlaw's home.  My MIL, Daisy, made it for every holiday and it quickly became a favorite of mine.  It's almost like a dessert, if you ask me, and I'm all about dessert!  I made this recipe recently for a get together with friends.  I also shared this photo on my Instagram and had several requests for the recipe. 
29 oz. can Sweet Potatoes - drained
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs - beaten
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 stick melted Butter
1/2 cup Milk
11/2 tsp. Vanilla

Mash potatoes, add sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well.
Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.

Topping:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1 cup Pecans
1/2 stick melted Butter

Mix topping and spread over sweet potatoes.  Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
♥ Kim
Clip Art from: Snogirl Graphics

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe sounds much like mine, and isn't it delicious? Almost sweet enough to be a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!! this is like the one my father makes and brings at christmas. thank you for sharing your recipe with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. One of our friends made something like this and brought it to a potluck recently. We had seconds for dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It actually sounds quite a bit like our family's traditional Thanksgiving Sweet Potato recipe. You are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really good Kay..
    pretty background paper
    love it ..
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay..
    Yes that does look good ..(:)
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that recipe for sweet potato casserole! I make a similar version every holiday (or whenever i have an excuse haha!). Great post! Please feel free to give my page a look if you've got the time :)
    itsjustblissfulchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Jazmin! Welcome, welcome! It is one of my favorite recipes...seems more like a dessert to me...and I'm all about dessert! <3

      Delete
  9. Yum! This sounds wonderful! - xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to taste this one! There's something special about using recipes that have been passed down to us by dear ones - especially when they become a favorite! Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend, to you and your family.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.