~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

~♥Who I Am♥~

My Photo
Southwestern PA, United States
48, married to my HS sweetheart for 24 years. We have one daughter who is 21 years old. I love spending time with my family and closest friends. I enjoy going to thrift stores and yard sales. I like to bake and cook and love collecting all kinds of cookbooks. The Hubby and I love Motocross and you'll find us watching the races at local tracks in PA on any given Sunday...

Friday, November 5, 2010

~♥ Things That Make Me Smile ♥~

There is no place I'd rather be than at H♥ME...seeing certain things puts a smile on my face...here are a  few of them:

A large fork, knife and spoon...my dear Gram had something similar on her wall when I was growing up.
 A picture of my sweet M♥M when she was a little girl.
 This whimsical vase
 Buttons that belonged to my dear Gram that she collected over the years.
 A picture of the log house my dear Gram grew up in.
 A picture of my dear Hubby when he was a year old (sorry for the glare).
 A picture of my hubby and his older brothers in their cowboy hats and western wear...

And of course, visits from dear blogging friends always puts a smile on my face as well!

Kim



16 comments:

  1. Nice to see you again. Love all the things that make you smile. My list would be surprisingly similiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me smile too.. Thanks for posting.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful sentimental items... and oh how I love the "chinked" log cabin your grandmother grew up in, does your family still own it? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such pretty things..I love what you showed us.. It's wonderful to have treasures from our family isn't it?

    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful ! I feel the same about my Home Sweet Home ! Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kim...thank you for sharing these treasures that are close to your heart! The "cowboy" pictures...so cute! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little clock vase and the pic of your hubby by the crib...who could NOT smile at a face like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post. It is nice to have these treasures out where they can be seen everyday. There is nothing better than opening the front door and saying, "I'm home."
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your post. It made me look around my house at the things I love just a bit more as I was doing my day. I agree with you, there's no place like home! Thanks for inviting us in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim,
    You have lovely things that put a smile on your face...Some things are just so sentimental to us.
    A very sweet post.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came here looking for Who said "Home is where the Heart is". This phrase came to mi mind when I was challenge to make a card with Home as the central theme. I love this words and for me they mean that a home can be consstructed anywhere hwenthere is LOVE! This post made me smile. I have a list like yours, too! As a requirement for the challenge I will send my card and then I will post it on my blog. So glad to find this refreshing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blogs are just beautiful Kim you have really put so much into them. I have been off the grid for some time. I am hoping to get back into posting on my blog. But I have been rolling with the waves as they say with many personal illnesses and just regular everyday family journeys. I love all your decorating. The picture of the log home from your gram is timeless. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and hope that the next few months filled with holiday blessings bless you and your family brightly! Hugs~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have a picture of my hubby as a little boy and it makes me smile every time I see it. He was so cute!!!!
    I enjoy your blog very much and I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by to collect it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.