~♥Thank You♥~

Welcome to my Home Sweet Home!
♥ Kim - blogger since 2006

~♥Who I Am♥~

My Photo
48, married to my HS sweetheart for 24 years. We have one daughter who is 20 years old. I love spending time with my family and closest friends. I enjoy going to thrift stores and yard sales. I like to bake and cook and love collecting all kinds of cookbooks. The Hubby and I love Motocross and you'll find us watching the races at local tracks in PA on any given Sunday...

Monday, November 24, 2008

~*New Curtains*~

Hello dear blogging friends, I hope you all are doing well after the weekend. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week. We will be celebrating at my Brother-in-law's on Saturday so I may start decorating for Christmas on Thursday...we'll have to wait and see. I bought two new trees in urns for my front porch...I can't wait to see what they look like...I found them at Lowe's on sale. I also found new curtains at Kmart this weekend. I've been wanting a change of curtains for awhile, but just never found what I was looking for until now. Kmart had the sweetest red and white gingham curtains. I thought I would share with you the before and after pictures. The curtains that I had up were also from Kmart. Rondell had asked me if they were black gingham...actually they were a deep burgandy and brown. I really like them, but wanted a change.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After Up close look at the valances.
Up close look at the tiers.
My dd thinks they make the kitchen cozy...that's what I'm after! She also said they are Christmasy. Thank you for taking the time to stop in for a visit...as always I appreciate your visits and comments. I should be doing part three of the kitchen tour this week.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I appreciate all the the sweet comments so many of you have left about part 2 of my kitchen tour. I am glad you enjoyed seeing my treasures...and that is really how I feel about them. I try to keep only the things I absolutely love in my home...it makes my home more meaningful to me and my family.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Rondell from Tomatoe Creek Prims tagged me to list 6 random things about myself. Thank you! I was recently tagged on my other blog, so if you'd like to read my list Click Here

If you haven't been tagged and you would like to do this, then consider yourself tagged.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Have a wonderful day!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Kim -
    I L-O-V-E your new curtains. Your old ones were nice but these are absolutely adorable! Is that a good word for curtains? I'm going to be in K-Mart later this afternoon or evening and I'll have to stop and see them. Do they have them in blue? They would be darling in my yellow, blue and white kitchen. I've had my eye on another set they have in blues and haven't yet decided if they are the right ones for my little kitchen window. I like what I have - white lace - but it's rather nondescript and doesn't 'do anything' for my window. Or the kitchen. Thanks for sharing yours today.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new curtains, too! These are so crisp and white, and really suit your kitchen well!

    I LOVE your blog update! It is perfect for your style! LOVE the way it flows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I loved your other curtains too, but these are so sweet! I think they are awesome! Love the scalloped edges on them! And the color is perfect! They looks great in your kitchen.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curtains are so cute! I love gingham fabric too! They look great in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your curtains are so cute and your dd is right they make the kitchen so cozy and inviting!!! Thank you for sharing your sweet home with us!!! I pray you and your family have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gingham fabric too. Your curtains are so sweet! I couldn't get your "random" facts link to work but I did enjoy seeing your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new curtains, Kim! they do make for a cozy kitchen ;)


    Have a happy Thanksgiving week!

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new curtains. But I also love your old ones. I have been wanting some with those colors in them. Do you think Kmart still has them? I need to go and check them out! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first visit and I enjoyed seeing all your wonderful photos of your home and reading your posts. The new curtains really look nice.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new curtains, I have some from Kmart as well, they are the Austin pattern, a red and cream plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new curtains. So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty...I like both pair...I have something similar..the dark gingham with stars, hearts, and grapevine on them..and I put burgundy texas stars on the wall..Our kitchen is the most Godawful weird colored salmon linoleum, and beige speckled tile on the walls..with ugly off white formica cabinets...I needed a country style so I went with the gingham...now if i could just figure out how to hide the ugly tile and paint the formica cabinets without it looking terrible, i could live with the hideous formica counter...ps love your blog, your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found you thru Cranberry Crossing and just want to say that I love your new red/white curtains with the beautiful scallop. Funny how we tire of something and even a small change makes our heart sing. Blessings to you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim~
    I love, love, LOVE your new kitchen curtains! The red and white is so pretty! Now to find a Kmart nearby! I have been trying to come up with something for our kitchen window for a while now. Finding the right curtains can be really tricky! :) I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new curtains! They really do cozy up the place! Thanks for the kitchen tour also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your new curtains too! I like the scallop on them and of course, red is one of my favorite colors.
    :)

    I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new curtains are so sweet! What a darling touch they add to your already cozy kitchen. Thank you for inviting us into your home. Your home is so welcoming and warm. I scrolled further down and saw the snow outside and just thought what a picture perfect place you all have there. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kim,
    WOW, the red and white country checked curtains look perfect in your kitchen. I love them and of course you know how much I love red. A wonderful choice.

    Have a great Thanksgiving,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Today is the first time I've stopped by your blog. I love it already! I had to comment on your cookie cutters between the windows, very cute! I love the old fashioned ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.